The barangay was a part of the old municipality of Kiangan in 1805 during the time of Lt. Governor Jeff Galman of the American Army. On provision of Executive Order No. 6 series of 1921, Hungduan was created out of Kiangan to become a municipal district. After World War II, on June 25, 1963, under E.O. No. 42, Maggok became one of the fifteen regular barangays of the municipality. When Tinoc was created out of Hungduan under E. O. No. 184, Maggok was one of the four barangays which remained under the municipality.
The barangay is located at the southernmost portion of the municipality. It is bounded in the East and South by the municipality of Kiangan, in the North by Barangay Bangbang and Poblacion and in the West by Barangay Abatan and the Municipality of Tinoc. It has a total land area of 2,416 hectares which is approximately eleven (11%) percent of the total municipal land area and the 5th largest barangay. Further, it is divided into twenty eight (28) sitios and three (3) puroks.
Sitios of Barangay Maggok